There are two primary methods, to migrate your 2FA to a new device.
Each method has different requirements, so you need to choose and follow the one that tailors you the most.
Please follow the instructions below if you previously saved back up QR code or recovery code (the 16-digit code that shows below QR code when you activated the 2FA for the first time)
- Install 2FA on your new device
- Log into 2FA app from there
- Enter your backup code manually or scan back up QR code in case you have it
- You can now access Coinfield account using 2FA from the new device
Please follow the instructions below if you prefer to do it from your Coinfield platform.
Kindly note that both old and new devices are required in this method, as you must deactivate and reset.
- Log into Coinfield platform using your old device
- Go to your account settings
- Click 'disable' 2FA
- Use the new device to re-enable 2FA (We suggest customers save back up QR code and recovery code; the 16-digit, in a secure place)
- You can now access Coinfield account using 2FA from the new device (You can remove 2FA from your old equipment at this point)