When you open an account, we ask you for your name, address, date of birth, and other identity information, along with your personal documents.
We collect information that you provide during a completed, incomplete, or abandoned registration.
This may include the following information:
- Individual customer — we attempt to collect, verify, and authenticate the following information:
- Email address;
Mobile phone number;
Full legal name;
Social Insurance Number (“SIN”) or any comparable identification number issued by a government;
Date of birth (“DOB”);
Proof of identity (e.g., driver’s license, passport or government-issued ID);
Home address (not a mailing address or P.O. Box)
- Additional information or documentation at the discretion of our Compliance Team. You will be allowed to access, review, correct, and ensure the accuracy of the information you have submitted from time to time.
- Email address;
- Device Information – Information that is automatically collected about your device (such as, but not limited to, hardware, operating system, browser, etc.).
- Location Information – Information that is automatically collected via analytics systems providers to determine your location, including your IP address and/or domain name and any external page that referred you to us.
- Log Information – Information that is generated by your use of CoinField that is automatically collected and stored in our server logs. This may include, but is not limited to, device-specific information, location information, system activity and any internal and external information related to CoinField pages that you visit.
- Account Information – Information that is generated by your account activity including, but not limited to, trading activity, order activity, deposits, withdrawals, and account balances.
Correspondence – Information that you provide to us in correspondence, including opening an account, and with respect to ongoing customer support.