Just remember that is easier than you think for someone to steal your password. Any of the following common actions could put you at risk of having your password stolen:
- Using the same password on more than one site
- Downloading software from the Internet
- Clicking on links in email messages
2FA authentication code is a second layer of security to your account, after your password, in which the information doesn't get stored with us but in a Vault, for security purposes regarding your assets and transactions.
Also, is a personal option offered in your settings, in which after enabled can’t be undone. So make sure you store in a safe place the barcode code number used to activate 2FA.
The second step authentication process can help keep bad guys out, even if they have your password. Imagine losing access to your account and everything in it.
When a bad guy steals your password, they could lock you out of your account, and then do some of the following:
- Go through – or even delete – all of your emails, contacts, photos, etc.
- Pretend to be you and send unwanted or harmful emails to your contacts
- Use your account to reset the passwords for your other accounts (banking, shopping, etc.)
Please check this link for more information Google 2FA - How does it works?